Is it too early for pumpkin recipes? September 23rd is the FIRST day of fall, so bring them on!? I mean you cannot step inside Trader Joe’s right now without buying something or multiple things “pumpkin.”
If you like pumpkin and overnight oats its no question you will love these pumpkin overnight oats. If you have my Breakfast on-the-go ebook you know all about my PB & Berry Overnight Oats or if you feel springy, check out my Carrot Cake Overnight Oats recipes as well. Is it hard to see I like overnight oats 🙂 Well, for good reason my friends.
- SUPER Nourishing: get a whole days worth of healthy fat omega 3’s with a serving of these bad boys. Chia seed, flax meal, and hemp seeds come together for pure nourishment. It is also fiber packed with the oats, nut and seeds.
- SUPER Satisfying: I promise, you will not be hungry for a few hours after eating one of these. Overnight oats fill you up, is a complete meal with healthy fat, adequate whole food protein and high quality carbohydrates.
- SUPER Delicious:I think they are DEEElish. A perfect yummy meal for the morning or hey, even part of lunch or a more substantial snack if you want. A little sweet, great texture (soft and little crunch with topping), and cool.
- SUPER Easy & On-the-Go: You make it the night or few nights before, but literally all you need to do is grab and go. Eat in the car, at your desk, in Starbucks drive through…. super easy, super convenient.
- Make a few servings at a time aka multiple mason jars. I will do an assembly line with three jars, let’s say. I put dry ingredients in all, shake, then add wet to eat and stir with a knife before stealing and placing in fridge.
- Also, save your glass jars from jelly or peanut butter to reuse. We buy Smuker’s all-natural Peanut butter aka it’s in a glass jar SO you know exactly what I am doing when we go through a jar of peanut butter… that is correct, overnight oats!
- Use whatever milk choice you desire. I recommend a milk that has protein in it aka dairy milk, soy, or pea Ripple milk. If you love almond (not I) totally fine to use that as well. Completely your preference.
Pumpkin it up!
So, back to the pumpkin thing. When fiddling around with the recipe, I used vanilla greek yogurt AND pumpkin greek yogurt as well as Siggi’s Pumpkin yogurt. If you want it extra pumpkiny, go for the pumpkin yogurt. I preferred the vanilla, little ore sweetness and not too over powering pumpkin flavor, but try both, get crazy.
Now, for the recipe 😀
Pumpkin Overnight Oats
- 1/3 cup rolled oats
- 1 tbsp chia seeds
- 1 tbsp flax meal
- 1 tbsp hemp seeds
- 1/4 tsp pumpkin pie spice
- 1/4 tsp cinnamon
- 1/3 cup milk of choice
- 2.5 oz vanilla greek yogurt (half container) can use pumpkin greek yogurt, for even more pumpkiny flavor
- 3 tbsp pumpkin puree
- 1 oz pecans, chopped
- Toss all dry ingredients in mason jar, seal and shake. Besides Pecans
- Add milk, yogurt, and puree to mason jar and mix.
- Top with pecans, seal jar and place in fridge overnight or for 4+ hours
Now, go and enjoy this pumpkin deliciousness! I have a date with one tomorrow morning 🙂